Wrestling is a form of combat which require a blend of the power, speed, strength, and endurance. In fact, one should need to have both the mental and physical strength in order to win the fight. Hence, the participants need to have solid, tight and strong core musculature as well as the presence of mind. Along with this, one should also require explosive power in their legs.
Are you a wrestler and want to improve your strength? You are at right place. In this article, one can find some of the exercises suggested by Adam Elayan in order to improve the strength. Here, individuals find the best workouts in order to strengthen their body parts.
Following are some of the exercises for the Wrestlers which helps in improving their strength:
- Full Body Strength Exercises: One should have to do the full body compound physical movements in order to build their strength. The full body strength exercises include:
- Overhead presses
- Power cleans and more.
These physical activities help the fighter in becoming stronger as well as powerful on the mat. In fact, one can also pair the full body workouts with the bodyweight exercise such as:
- Power snatches and lunge jump
- Bent over rows and dips
- Deadlifts and push-ups
- Squats and pull-ups etc.
- Add Upper Back and Neck exercises in Daily Workout: In this sport, the neck takes a continuous thrashing. Hence, one should need to have the strong neck in order to fight off wounds as well as to stay strong. According to Adam Elayan who hold 7 years of wrestling experience, strengthening the upper back is a way of protecting the neck. Different upper back exercises include:
- Face Pulls
- Chest pulls
- Flexion etc.
- Exercises to Strengthen the Grip: The grips strength is the key for the combatants to win the game. Actually, one should have to do grip work every time they fight. Here, are some of the physical activities that one should have to perform daily to increase the grip strength:
- Towel Pull-ups
- Farmer walk
- Tennis Wall squeezes
- Fat Gripz Bent over rows etc.
- Exercises for Core Strength: The core strength is crucial for the boxers for the best moves during the competition. Actually, it will help in protecting the spine as well as hips. Hence, the wrestlers should have to add some exercises in order to develop the back muscles. The physical activities like:
- Side Bends
- Reverse crunches
- Traditional crunches
- Endurance Strengthening Exercises: This is vital for the boxer to strengthen the endurance for the competition. Hence, individuals have to do the aerobic exercises as these physical activities help individuals in developing the endurance.
These are some of the physical activities for the boxers suggested by Adam Elayan for improving their strength. Along with these exercises, a diet consisting of lean protein is also necessary. In fact, if a wrestler does not fuel his body, then it became impossible to achieve the peak fitness. Hence, one should have to add vegetables, chicken, meat, and fish in their daily routine for improving the strength.